These flavorful, crispy keto Christmas cut-out cookies are made using our Keto Variety Cookie Mix. Get creative using your favorite holiday cut-out shapes, sugar-free sprinkles, and natural food coloring for the icing. The best part is that our gluten-free cookie mix makes it easier for you to bake Christmas cookies and at the same time create a cookie that tastes like traditional wheat flour cookies. The added sugar cookie icing is made using four simple ingredients: Powdered BochaSweet, egg white powder, water, and beet/spirulina powder (natural food coloring). You can get creative and create your favorite icing designs. These cut-out cookies are both fun to make and to be enjoyed by the whole family. You will get up to 34 cut-out cookies depending on the size of the cookie cutters. The best part, each cookie is only 1g net carbs which is great for a low-carb, diabetic-friendly, and keto diet. Give this recipe a try and for a limited time get your holiday cookies in our Discount Holiday Cookie Bundle.
Christmas Cut-Out Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Decorating Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 34 cookies
- 1 pouch Keto Variety Cookie Mix
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup Powdered BochaSweet
- 1 tablespoon egg white powder
- 2-4 tablespoons water (desired thickness)
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon beet powder (red icing)
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon spirulina powder (green icing)
- Optional: sugar-free sprinkles, sanding sugar (mixture of beet/spirulina with granular BochaSweet)
- Preheat oven to 325⁰F.
- Combine cookie mix, egg, and melted butter. Use a spatula or mold with your hands to create a round cookie dough ball.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough to your desired thickness. Use cookie cutters to make your desired shapes. Remove the excess dough (which can be used to make gingerbread cookies)
- Bake at 325⁰F for 12 minutes or until golden brown. For a crispier cookie, set the oven to 400⁰F and bake for an extra 1-2 minutes.
In a large bowl add Powdered BochaSweet and egg white powder. Mix until well combined. Add the water according to your desired thickness. It should drizzle off the end of a whisk.
- Transfer half of the icing into two other smaller bowls. Add in the beet powder and the spirulina powder until you reach your desired color. Mix well.
- Transfer icing to a piping bag. Cut a small snippet so the icing can be used to draw the icing outlines. Use a spatula to cover areas of the cookie with red, white, or green icing. Have fun creating your favorite designs. Finish off by adding in some sprinkles or sanding sugar!
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SERVING):
- Calories: 30
- Carbs: 8g
- Calcium: 10mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Total Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 40mg
- Potassium: 20mg
Keywords: keto christmas cut-out cookies