Thanksgiving is just around the corner which means pumpkin is the flavor of the month. A Gluten Free Kabocha Pie is a must on the menu. This pie is easy to make and tastes identical to the store-bought pumpkin pies but with considerably less calories and zero sugar added.
The added sweetness will be from our BochaSweet™
100% kabocha extract. A fantastic sugar replacement that replaces cane sugar 1:1 without the blood sugar spikes and insulin stimulation. There is no bitter aftertaste which is commonly experienced in other sugar substitutes and contains no other additives.
For this delicious recipe, we will also be using tigernut flour which is a nutritious gluten-free flour rich in protein, fiber, and monounsaturated fats. It's actually not a nut, but a small root vegetable gaining popularity as a superfood!
Makes 1, 9" pie
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup BochaSweet
- 1.5 cup steamed kabocha pumpkin
- 1/3 cup BochaSweet
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon MCT/coconut oil
- First, steam kabocha pumpkin until well done. Remove peel from pumpkin and place it in a food processor.
- Next, combine all ingredients in filling in a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. For the crust, place all ingredients in a food processor and process until crumbly and broken down. Make sure the mixture stick together when placed between your fingers.
- Mold ingredients in a 9” pie dish greased with coconut oil. Pat down carefully and knead with knuckles to get the right structure. Add imprint into the edges to make sure it matches the height of the filling.
- Put in oven for 10-15 minutes. Lightly brown and remove. Let cool for roughly 15-20 minutes.
- Pour filling over the crust and smooth it out. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. If you want, finish it off with a side of banana chocolate caramel ice cream and supreme sugar replacement frosting!