Keto "Apple" Cobbler
- Total Time: 1 hrs 10 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 2 Chayote Squash (boiled, peeled, and sliced)
- 2 Granny Smith apples (boiled, peeled, and sliced)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup BochaSweet Brown
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 1/4 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of butter (cut into small pieces to top the filling)
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons BochaSweet Granular
- 1/4 cup butter (sliced into small pieces)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup BochaSweet Powdered
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare a 9x9 baking dish. Boil the chayote and apples for about 25-30 minutes. Peel and slice the apples and chayote into 1/4-inch slices.
- Add the chayote and apples to a medium-sized bowl. Add the spices, cream of tartar, lemon juice, and BochaSweet Brown. Combine until well mixed.
- Transfer the filling to the prepared baking dish. Add the sliced butter to the top of the filling.
- Create the topping by combining almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, BochaSweet Granular, and salt. Add the thin slices of butter and use two forks to distribute evenly into the dry ingredients. Mix until crumbly.
- Next, add the two eggs to the mixture and combine. Make sure not to over-mix.
- Top the "apple" filling with the cobbler topping, Make sure to distribute evenly across the top in small pieces. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the cobbler starts to bubble and the topping turns golden brown.
- Combine the Powdered BochaSweet, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk until well combined. Drizzle on top of the cobbler.
- Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SERVING):
- Calories: 133
- Carbs: 11g
- Net Carbs: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Sodium: 43mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 5g
Keywords: apple cobbler