Sugar-Free Chocolate Cake recipe provide by Amanda Hokanson
Rich chocolate goodness meets refreshing cherry taste in this sugar-free chocolate cake. This layered cake gets a superfood boost from shelled hemp seeds which provide an excellent balance in Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, magnesium, zinc, and fiber.
This chocolate cake is the perfect way to satisfy your dessert cravings, especially if you enjoy the combination of chocolate and cherry together. With the added bonus of a chocolate drizzle, you will definitely feel pleased with each bite.
Sugar-Free Chocolate Cherry Cake
Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
Chocolate Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 3 large eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas (optional) or 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup baking chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup
- 1 cup BochaSweet
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Protein Powder (your choice)
- 1/2 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/8 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Cherry Cream Cheese Ingredients:
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup BochaSweet
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon BochaSweet
- 3/4 cup fresh chopped cherries
- Prepare chocolate cake first: Prepare flour cake pan.
- In a double boiler (or heavy bottom sauce pot or microwave if you're feeling lucky), melt 1/3 cup unsweetened baking chocolate with 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon unsalted butter.
- Beat 3 large eggs, 3 very ripe bananas (optional), 1 cup BochaSweet, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract with an electric mixer.
- Combine and mix thoroughly the Chocolate Cake dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until just combined.
- Scrape the chocolate and butter into the mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Add 1 tablespoon white or apple cider vinegar and quickly incorporate. Immediately pour or portion into baking pans and bake.
- Prepare the cherry cream cheese: Dissolve 1 packet unflavored gelatin in 8 ounces hot water. Cream 8 ounces cream cheese and 1 tablespoon BochaSweet sweetener with a mixture. Whisk half of the gelatin solution into the cream cheese until smooth and combined. Place in fridge to cool while you prepare the cherries.
- Pit and chop enough fresh cherries to get about 3/4 cup fruit and juice. Mix cherries into the cream cheese mixture. Use as desired.
- Prepare the chocolate glaze: In double boiler, heat 8 ounces of heavy whipping cream until steaming, add 1 cup BochaSweet sweetener and whisk until dissolved. Add 1/3 cup unsweetened baking chocolate. Allow to cool to room temperature before pouring over the chilled cake.