This holiday season should be both festive and sugar-free by including this keto sugar free cherry and cranberry pie recipe. This gluten-free recipe features our granular BochaSweet with almond flour as the core ingredient in both the crust and the lattice.
Cranberries are a great source of vitamin C, low in carbs, and high in fiber making it a keto-friendly fruit. Typically, cherries are okay if used in moderation for a keto diet given their higher carb amount. This recipe cuts down on the amount of cherries by splitting it with cranberries. If you prefer to do completely without cherries to lower the carb count, this recipe would still come out delicious exclusively with cranberries.
This sugar free cherry and cranberry pie recipe is made the traditional way you've always loved it. By substituting poor quality ingredients with our granular sweetener and almond flour makes this recipe a healthy yet tasty way to enjoy your holiday treats.
Cherry & Cranberry Pie
Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 16 Servings
- 4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Granular BochaSweet
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cold butter (chopped)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Powdered BochaSweet
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cherries (pitted)
- 1 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- In a mixer, add the almond flour, coconut flour, granular BochaSweet, salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Blend on medium-high speed until combined.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and butter until combined. Fold in the egg.
- Form two balls of dough (one bigger than the other). Use a rolling pin to roll the larger ball until it is around 11-inches in width and length. Flatten the smaller dough. Freeze both for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Remove the 11-inch dough from the freezer and form a crust in a 9" pie dish or pan, making sure to press in the edges. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the filling by adding in. all ingredients and mix until well combined. Set aside. Take out the smaller dough from freezer and roll out until you get 1/4 inch in thickness. Use a pizza cutter to cut into strips.
- Remove the pie from oven after 20 minutes. Add in the cherry pie filling and place it into the pie crust. Arrange the strips of dough on top to form a lattice. Recommended: Brush the exterior of crust with an egg yolk and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Bake the pie for 45 minutes or until golden-brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Keywords: sugar free cherry and cranberry pie