Cherry & Cranberry Pie
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 16 Servings
- 4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Granular BochaSweet
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cold butter (chopped)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Powdered BochaSweet
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cherries (pitted)
- 1 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- In a mixer, add the almond flour, coconut flour, granular BochaSweet, salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Blend on medium-high speed until combined.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and butter until combined. Fold in the egg.
- Form two balls of dough (one bigger than the other). Use a rolling pin to roll the larger ball until it is around 11-inches in width and length. Flatten the smaller dough. Freeze both for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Remove the 11-inch dough from the freezer and form a crust in a 9" pie dish or pan, making sure to press in the edges. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the filling by adding in. all ingredients and mix until well combined. Set aside. Take out the smaller dough from freezer and roll out until you get 1/4 inch in thickness. Use a pizza cutter to cut into strips.
- Remove the pie from oven after 20 minutes. Add in the cherry pie filling and place it into the pie crust. Arrange the strips of dough on top to form a lattice. Recommended: Brush the exterior of crust with an egg yolk and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Bake the pie for 45 minutes or until golden-brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Keywords: sugar free cherry and cranberry pie