Starting off the New Year right with a delicious batch of Red Velvet Beet Chocolate Chip Cookies. The same great old fashioned taste just like grandma used too make but now recreated with a healthy twist!
So, what is going on with this healthy twist you ask? Keto. Low carb. Grain free.
This recipe will be featuring two of our incredible products. For that pre-workout boost we decided to add our newest product BOCHA-BEETS for a healthy dose of nitric oxide to help enhance blood flow and increase levels of endurance during exercise. Beets are a powerful superfood and we source from organic, NON GMO beets at a 50:1 extract to deliver 5x the amount of nitrates as leading brands. Combine it with our Supreme Sugar Replacement BochaSweet and you have a great tasting "keto approved" cookie. With absolutely no grains used in this recipe, the taste is similar to an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie from the chewy texture.
The great thing about the BochaSweet lifestyle is the freedom to recreate all your favorite childhood treats from the comfort of your home knowing that you are on path to achieving all your health and fitness goals. Let's, together, make 2018 the most BOCHASWEET year yet!
Red Velvet Beet Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 15-20 cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup BochaSweet
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 scoops BOCHA-BEETS
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F and prepare a large baking sheet greased with coconut oil or butter.
- In the food processor, add in the coconut flakes and sliced almonds. Process until mixture resembles an "oatmeal-like" consistency. Continue to add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, beet powder and salt. Pulse a few times until well mixed.
- In a large bowl beat together the softened butter with the sweetener. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract then add to the food processor with the flour mixture and blend until a dough consistency forms. Add in chocolate chips and stir gently by hand.
- Form into balls and place two inches apart on baking sheet. Then with the palm of your hand gently press down cookie to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake for 18 minutes until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool until cookies are firm to touch.