The Low Carb Lemon-Vanilla Cake is a diabetic's delight without all the extra carbs and sugar. This one hit a home run in our kitchen! It's so good...we must admit it tastes better than any other unhealthy store bought birthday cake.
- 1/3 cup melted ghee
- 1 3/4 cup tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup BochaSweet
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 325°F . Then prepare a round or rectangle cake dish with ghee and then line with parchment paper.
- In a small pan, melt the ghee and then set aside making sure to allow to cool slightly. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (tigernut flour, coconut flour, and salt).
- Separate the yolks from the eggs and place the whites and yolks in two separate bowls. Add the BochaSweet, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and the melted ghee that was set aside. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the egg yolk mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth and a dough forms.
- For the egg whites you will be using a whisk to beat until a whipped cream consistency appears. May take a couple minutes. Then set aside for a moment.
- Stir in the baking soda into the batter and then start to slowly add 1/3 of the whipped egg whites into the dough. Gently fold in the rest of the egg whites into the batter, being sure to mix until only a few egg white streaks are left. Form the batter in the cake pan using a spatula.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool.
- Apply our delicious whipped cream frosting recipe on top! Then serve.