It is now time for the fall season where jack-o-lanterns and pumpkin pie are cherished. So, it would just make sense something with pumpkin would be on the menu.
How about a keto treat that you can enjoy with a hint of pumpkin spice and matches well with a hot cup of coffee? Let's introduce to you our Low Carb Kabocha Spice Biscotti that uses steamed kabocha. A unique twist to the canned pumpkin used in other recipes.
This recipe is gluten-free made from almond flour and has no sugar added. As a ketogenic recipe, you can enjoy biscotti as a delicious treat to satisfy your sweet tooth without all the extra carbs and calories.
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- 1/3 cup BochaSweet
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup kabocha puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Steam a whole kabocha in a steamer for one to two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper prepared with extra avocado oil.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (almond flour, BochaSweet, spice, baking powder, and salt). Then, add in the remaining "wet" ingredient and whisk until the dough comes together.
- Add the dough onto the prepared baking sheet and roll into a log that is about 4 by 10 inches in size. Bake about 25 minutes until the biscotti is firm. Get ready to reduce the temperature to 200F.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing the biscotti into 12 even slices. Bake for another 30 minutes until they reach a light golden brown color. Turn off the oven and allow to cool in the oven until they firm up completely.
- Sprinkle some extra BochaSweet on top of the biscotti.