Chocolate Easter Cake
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 servings
- 2 pouches Keto Chocolate Cake Mix
- 4 whole eggs (for each cake layer)
- 1/3 cup melted butter (for each cake layer)
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 6 oz cacao butter (melted)
- 1 cup Powdered BochaSweet
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk protein (for milk chocolate texture)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pouches Frosting Mix
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao butter (melted)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease two 8" cake pans lined with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, and butter into a smooth batter. For the layered cake, repeat this process with the second cake mix.Pour both batters into cake pans and spread evenly. Bake both cakes for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake out of the oven and allow to cool completely before adding the frosting.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate, cacao butter, Powdered BochaSweet, cocoa powder, milk protein, and vanilla extract in a double boiler over medium heat. Mix until no lumps remain. Fill the egg-shaped silicone molds with the chocolate and place them in the fridge or freezer. Chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the chocolates from the fridge and pop them out of the silicone molds. Use heat to "glue" the half eggs together. Set aside or transfer to the fridge to chill a bit longer so the chocolates can stay firm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine two pouches of frosting mix, softened butter, cacao butter, and almond extract. Whisk all ingredients by hand or whip with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Use a knife to loosen up the cake and flip it over onto a plate. Spread the frosting on the first layer of the cake. Add the second cake on top and add the final frosting layer.
- Decorate the cake with unsweetened shredded coconut and sugar-free chocolate eggs. Happy Easter!
- Note: You can store the cake in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze for up to several months.
- Calories: 460
- Carbs: 14g
- Net Carbs: 8g
- Protein: 10g
- Total Fat: 45g
- Saturated Fat: 28g
- Sodium: 300mg
- Potassium: 80mg
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 40mg
- Iron: 8.5mg
Keywords: layered chocolate easter cake recipe