Craving some good ol' fashioned vanilla ice cream but want to skip the carbs and the sugar? You can now have it with our Keto Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream. A creamy, delicious vanilla taste with a hint of coconut goodness and sweetened with our BochaSweet granular sweetener.
This keto vanilla ice cream recipe is vegan and uses a mixture of coconut cream and almond or cashew milk. If you want to kick it up a notch you can add in MCT oil to create a rich, satisfying texture. MCT's are medium chain trigylcerides which is a fat found in coconut oil that is easy for the body to digest and after consumption are converted into ketones. This is a primary fuel source for your brain and muscles.
This keto vanilla coconut ice cream contains healthy fats without the sugar. A real winner!
Keto Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream
Total Time: 15 min
Ice Cream Maker Time: 20-30 min
Serves: 10 scoops
- 2-4 teaspoons ground vanilla bean powder
- 1 can full-fat coconut cream
- 2/3 cup BochaSweet Sugar Replacement
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups nut milk or dairy-free creamer
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Optional: 1-2 tablespoons MCT oil
- Add vanilla bean powder, coconut cream, BochaSweet, and salt to a saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk until all the coconut cream chunks have been dissolved and the mixture has a smooth consistency. Turn heat down to simmer.
- Add in the 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum and mix into sauce pan until fully combined. Remove from stovetop and allow to cool.
- Add the nut milk or dairy-free creamer to the cooled mixture and add in the vanilla extract. Optional: Add in the MCT oil. Stir until well mixed.
- Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker. Allow to churn in ice cream maker for 20-30 minutes or according to manufacturer's instructions. If you prefer a thicker ice cream, transfer to a freezer until frozen (at least 2 hours or until your desired preference).
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SCOOP):
Total Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Vitamin D: 0.6mcg
Keywords: keto coconut vanilla ice cream recipe