These keto protein bars are an alternative to other protein bar brands on the market, but it comes with a sweet advantage. This recipe was created with the consumer's desire for a better tasting bar in mind. With pleasant tasting sweetener kabocha extract you can create a great tasting bar from scratch --- do it yourself (DIY) --- right from the comfort of your own kitchen.
So we decided to go back to the kitchen to bring to you our ultimate protein bar recipe!
Many keto protein bars available in stores and online are crafted for fitness enthusiasts and bodybuilders. A texture that many people love and enjoy. These keto protein bars adapted the same texture and consistency as popular brands by substituting with some healthier ingredients. The featured ingredients in these bars are collagen protein powder, cacao powder, BochaSweet
, almonds, coconut oil, shredded coconut, and tigernut flour.
Fudge Brownie Protein Bars
Makes 9 bars
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 scoops collagen protein
- 1.5 tbsp cacao powder
- 6 tbsp coconut shreds
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 4 tbsp BochaSweet
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and process until a dough consistency starts to form. You may need to adjust and add more water as needed if too "dry".
- Once you have the dough, mold into the shape of bars and add to a non-stick baking sheet. You may want to use food handling gloves to avoid the excess stickiness.
- Add to a freezer for 30 minutes or put in the refrigerator for a few hours until the bar is well formed.
- Enjoy these keto protein bars before a workout, after a workout, as a treat, snack, or even as a quick, nutritious meal for breakfast served with a side of coffee.