Keto Pistachio Gelato with BochaSweet
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour (30-40 minutes churn)
- Serves: 10 servings
- 1 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon chlorella (adds green color)
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- 3/4 cup BochaSweet granular
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the 3/4 cup unsalted pistachios in a food processor or blender and pulse until finely chopped. Set to the side remaining 1/4 cup pistachios.
- Heat 1 cup almond milk, 3/4 cup BochaSweet, and 1/4 teaspoon salt medium heat. Allow to heat for 3-5 minutes until the sweetener dissolves. Then, add in 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Set aside to cool.
- Measure out 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and add into a large bowl. Beat the heavy cream in a mixer until stiff peaks forms. Add in 1/4 teaspoon xathan gum.
- Combine the heavy cream mixture and almond milk mixture together. Then add in the chlorella, blended pistachios, and MCT oil.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and allow to churn for 30-40 minutes or until gelato reaches desired consistency. Add in the remaining 1/4 cup pistachios (can be whole or lightly chopped). If you prefer a more solid texture, place in the freezer for 4-8 hours.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SERVING):
- Calories: 340
- Carbs: 14g
- Calcium: 60mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Total Fat: 38g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: <1g
- Sodium: 105mg
- Potassium: 140mg
Keywords: keto pistachio gelato