Keto Pecan Pie
- Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Yield: 12 servings
Ingredients:Press in Crust
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon BochaSweet Sugar Replacement
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup allulose
- 1/2 cup BochaSweet Sugar Replacement
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 whole pecans
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees convection/350 degree regular.
Toast chopped pecans for 5 minutes in the oven, watching carefully so they don't burn. Set aside.
- I like a press-in crust for this recipe, but you can use any keto crust you’d like. To make the press-in crust, in a medium sized bowl, mix together almond flour, sugar and melted butter until it is crumbly. Grease your pie pan with butter or coconut oil and then press in the crust. (See video for technique).
- In a large, heat safe mixing bowl (8-12 cups) whisk the eggs until combined and lightened in color and set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan (8+ cups), melt butter over medium heat and then add allulose, BochaSweet, heavy cream and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 4-6 minutes until boiling and the mixture just begins to brown. Watch it very carefully and as soon as browning begins, immediately remove from the heat and continue stirring until bubbling goes away.
- While whisking the egg mixture, pour a little bit of the hot mixture into the egg mixture, whisking constantly. This is called tempering. Pour the remaining hot liquid into the egg mixture continuing to stir until completely combined. Whisk in xanthan gum and vanilla extract. You may need to use an immersion blender or hand blender to get the xanthan gum to dissolve.
- Finally, mix in the chopped pecans.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust in your pie pan. Optionally, use 3 pecans to decorate the top.
- Move the pie pan onto a cookie sheet for easier transport into the oven.
- Bake at 325 degrees convection for 40 min. Allow to cool completely before serving (2 hours).
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SERVING):
- Calories: 384
- Carbs: 6g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 39g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- Sodium: 269mg
- Potassium: 93mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 1g
- Vitamin A: 625IU
- Calcium: 56mg
- Vitamin C: 1mg
- Iron: 1mg
Keywords: keto pecan pie recipe