This keto griddle sandwich is easily assembled by adding egg, cheese, and bacon which are placed between two waffles. These waffles are made with our pancake & waffle mix. Enjoy this recipe by serving with your preferred sugar-free syrup or try our BochaSweet syrup recipe.
Next time you feel tired of the typical breakfast meal, be sure to give this recipe a try! Pair this breakfast with a hot cup of coffee sweetened with a few BochaSweet individual sugar packets.
Keto Griddle Sandwich
- 1 cup Vegan Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 slices of bacon (raw or pre-cooked)
- 1 large egg (for the sandwich)
- 1 slice yellow American cheese (or use your favorite cheese)
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free syrup (I use ChocZero maple syrup)
- Prepare your waffle batter. Melt your butter in the microwave in 30 second increments. Let it cool slightly while you gather your other ingredients, or you will cook the batter. Crack four eggs into a medium bowl and slightly whisk. Add your unsweetened almond milk, melted butter, and whisk to combine. Finally, add your waffle mix and whisk just until it is combined and there are no lumps.
- Prepare your waffle maker. (You may also make pancakes if you do not have a waffle maker!) Plug in your waffle maker and allow it to heat up. Once it is heated and ready, be sure to grease it with cooking spray! Fill the waffle maker with batter, making sure to cover the entire area. Close the lid and let it cook until it begins to turn a golden brown. It makes a better sandwich if the edges are firm and slightly crisp, rather than soft and soggy. Once your waffle is finished, set it aside.
- Cook your bacon or heat it in a small sauté pan. The crispier the better! Remove your bacon and leave a tablespoon or less of grease in the pan to cook your egg. (You may scramble it, cook it over easy, or any way you prefer!) For this recipe, crack your egg(s) into a bowl and whisk. Season with pepper. Pour your egg into the pan on medium-low heat. Let it cook like you would an omelet, tilting the pan so that the uncooked egg flows into the open space. Just before the egg is cooked, add your slice of cheese, and fold the edges over the cheese. Set aside.
- Assemble your sandwich. Place one waffle down on your plate. Put your egg with cheese on top of the waffle, followed by your bacon. Drizzle some syrup on top of the bacon and top with the other waffle. Enjoy!