If you prefer a little alcohol, you can add a tablespoon of your favorite spirit. The ice cream is low carb and loaded with healthy fats from egg yolks, MCT oil powder, and heavy cream. This ice cream is great for the keto diet by being low in net carbs, 1 gram per serving, and is sweetened using our Powdered BochaSweet sugar replacement. The texture of this ice cream has the mouthfeel of ice cream from your favorite childhood ice cream shops, you wouldn't believe it isn't made with cane sugar! The added egg yolks and chicory root help to firm up this ice cream and keep it from melting too quickly.
Make this holiday season not only memorable but also delicious as well. We want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Cheers!
Keto Eggnog Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes, 2 hours refrigerate
- Total Time: 1 hour (30-40 minutes churn)
- Serves: 9-10 servings
- 3 scoops (28.5 grams) Milk Protein Isolate
- 3/4 cup Powdered BochaSweet
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup water
- 1 3/4 cup heavy cream (whipped)
- 1 tablespoon MCT powder
- 2 teaspoon chicory root inulin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon tara gum
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or vanilla flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add all dry powdered ingredients and spices into a pot and mix until well combined.
- Add 1 cup water into the pot with powdered ingredients and stir on medium-low heat.
- Stir in 4 egg yolks into the pot and continue to heat on medium-low heat. Whisk until the egg yolks dissolve into the liquid.
- Whip the 1 3/4 cup heavy cream with a whisk or an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add the heavy cream into the egg yolks and powdered ingredients mixture. Continue to stir for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. After 2 hours, pour ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker and allow to churn for 30-40 minutes or until ice cream reaches desired consistency. If you prefer a firmer ice cream, transfer the ice cream to a storage container and let freeze for several hours.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SERVING):
- Calories: 230
- Carbs: 14g
- Calcium: 120mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 140mg
- Total Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 85mg
- Potassium: 80mg
Keywords: keto eggnog ice cream recipe