It's well worth the extra time of wrapping the pan and setting up a water bath! If you haven't already tried BochaSweet, I highly recommend you do. It's a superfood alternative sweetener made from a Japanese pumpkin called the kabocha pumpkin. Daily consumption of BochaSweet may help to support healthy blood sugar levels. Unlike many other artificial or alternative sweeteners on the market, BochaSweet won't spike your blood glucose! Even better–it tastes amazing. So amazing, I give friends a spoonful to taste when they come over.
Keto Coconut Cheesecake
INGREDIENTS: To Make Crust
- 4 packages cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cup BochaSweet
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 convection).
Prepare a springform pan by lining it with parchment paper. This makes removing the cheesecake from the springform pan a breeze!
Combine melted coconut oil, shredded unsweetened coconut and BochaSweet and stir until completely mixed.
Press into a parchment paper lined springform pan paying special attention to the edges. Once pressed in, bake in a 350 degree (325 for convection) oven for 10 minutes.
Remove and allow to cool while making your cheesecake.
Making The Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Make sure all of your ingredients are warmed!
- Prepare your springform pan for a water bath. See the video and instructions on the blog post.
- Combine cream cheese and BochaSweet and mix on low until smooth. If your mixture is lumpy, this means your cream cheese isn't warm enough. Warm it now before proceeding further. Also, make sure your other ingredients are warm. See the blog post for tips.
- Add eggs, heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla, salt and almond extract to the cream cheese mixture. Mix on low until smooth.
- Bake in a water bath for 60 minutes at 300 degrees. The water bath creates creamy, amazing results and is well worth the extra effort.
- Turn off the oven and allow to set for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove your baked cheesecake from the oven and allow to cool completely before placing it in the refrigerator.