Keto Coconut Bonbons recipe provided by Amanda Hokanson
These keto coconut bonbons are bursting with sweetness from a fusion of coconut, chocolate, and our BochaSweet zero calorie sweetener. To top it off, a dark chocolate glaze is melted on top and encrusted with chopped almonds.
Coconut bonbons are quite easy to make: You only need a saucepot and silicone ice cube molds to prepare them. With only a few simple steps you will have these ready in no time (around 20 minutes).
Not only are these delicious coconut bonbons low carb, but they're also gluten free, sugar free, and contain no added high glycemic ingredients. After trying these coconut bonbons, you will be quite surprised that they are not sweetened with cane sugar!
Keto Coconut Bonbons
- 1 can (13.5 fl.oz.) full fat coconut milk
- 9 ounces dark chocolate to 1 tablespoon coconut oil (to preference)
- Chopped almonds (to preference)
- 1/2 cup BochaSweet
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3/4 cup fine unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut emulsion (optional)
- Combine sweetener with coconut milk in a heavy bottom saucepot and heat over medium to boiling while whisking occasionally.
- Keep at a soft boil--whisking constantly--for 10 minutes allowing to reduce until slight syrupy in consistency. Add in butter, coconut flakes, and extracts.
- Allow to cool slightly and fill molds--we used silicone ice cube molds. Place in freezer at least 4 hours (better overnight for chocolate dipping). We dipped these in dark chocolate that we melted with some coconut oil and encrusted with roasted, salted chopped almonds. 9 ounces chocolate to 1 tablespoon oil.
- Store them in the freezer and let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before eating.
- They are an explosion of coconut in your mouth.