We love chocolate, especially for our keto Christmas smorgasbord! This keto Christmas recipe is one of our all time favorites and is very adaptable. You can swap out the coconut for your favorite chopped nuts. You can put the melted chocolate into molds to make them pretty. You can adjust how dark the chocolate is using a little heavy cream and melted cacao butter! And of course. You have full control over how sweet (or not sweet) they are! Adjusting the level of richness is totally customizable with a few tricks. You can add some heavy whipping cream (but not too much). You can also grab some cacao butter and melt that down using low heat and mix that into the chocolate.
Keto Christmas Coconut ClustersStart to Finish: 30 minutes INGREDIENTS:
- 9 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons BochaSweet
- Sea salt to taste
- Begin by toasting your coconut in a 300 degrees oven for about 3 minutes. Make sure you watch the coconut closely as it can burn quickly!
- While you allow the coconut to cool, chop your chocolate and place it in a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute on power level 4. Stir and repeat, decreasing the time to 30 seconds once the chocolate is 2/3 melted.You don’t want to overheat the chocolate as this will break the temper and the texture of your finished chocolates won’t be right.
Once the chocolate is cooled, mix in your sweeteners and a pinch of salt. Sweeten to taste. If you prefer a lighter milk chocolate, mix in ¼ c to ½ cup of heavy whipping cream. We prefer very dark chocolate and left it out.
Finally stir, in your toasted coconut. Allow the mixture to set for 10-20 minutes, but keep a close eye on it because if your house is cold it could set quickly. Once it firms up a bit, drop by tablespoons full on a parchment covered cookie sheet. Top with a sprinkle of sea salt and some BochaSweet. The clusters should set in 10-20 minutes.
Store in a tightly sealed container for up to two weeks!
- Calories: 110
- Total Fat: 11g
- Carbs: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 5 mg
- Potassium: 135mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 0g
- Vitamin C: 0.2%
- Calcium: 1.3%
- Iron: 11.9%