Keto Chocolate Ice Cream recipe & content provided by Jennifer Winder
Best keto ice cream on the planet?
The problem with most traditional ice cream recipes is the high sugar content. That problem is solved by substituting out the high glycemic sugar content with BochaSweet.
This chocolate ice cream gets not only a keto upgrade but the sweetness you crave. Healthy fats like egg yolks and cocoa powder blended into a creamy, delicious ice cream so satisfying you won't recognize the difference from traditional ice cream.
Thanks to our friend Jennifer Winder
for this awesome keto recipe!
Keto Chocolate Ice Cream
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup BochaSweet
- In a medium saucepan, heat heavy whipping cream and vanilla to hot but not boiling (about 120 degrees if you use a thermometer).
- Remove from heat and whisk in unsweetened cocoa powder. Let stand for a few minutes to cool a bit.
- With a stand mixer whip egg yolks and sweetener until pale yellow.
- Leave stand mixer on medium and very slowly add the hot egg mixture (drizzle). If you add it too fast you will make scrambled eggs. Once everything is mixed together, pour back into the pot.
- Place pot over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken and remove from stove (it should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon).
- Cool completely before pouring into your ice cream maker. Follow the ice cream mixer directions.
If you want ice cream quickly you can cool the hot mixture using an ice bath. If you want to make ahead and store in the refrigerator, make sure you touch the surface of the custard mixture with plastic wrap so that a thin rubbery layer does not form.