We have been hearing quite a bit about Earthquake Cakes lately. There are posts all over the internet teaching recipes for this tasty treat. This BochaSweet-eened Keto BochaQuake Cake takes it one step further with a low-carb, guilt-free version that fixes your sweet tooth.
This was a surprisingly easy recipe for us to whip up in our kitchen. The sweet and creamy texture of this cake is similar to a brownie meets cream cheese cake. As a keto-friendly recipe, you will be substituting typical high glycemic flours for low-carb fine almond flour which has a similar texture to yellow cake batter. Plus, good healthy fats from butter, eggs, cream cheese, pecans, shredded coconut, and cocoa. There is no sugar added in this recipe. The preferable sugar replacement of choice is BochaSweet
which has no bitter aftertaste and is diabetic-friendly. Who said you can't have your cake and eat it too? Well, now you can have much more than that with this Low Carb Keto BochaQuake Cake.
This sweet indulgence can be enjoyed at any meal or time of day. When desserts are upgraded using BochaSweet, a zero glycemic, zero calorie kabocha extract that bakes, cooks, and tastes just like sugar, the calories are greatly reduced without giving up the taste. Go ahead savor the moment with this mouth-watering cake.
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup BochaSweet
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup plain whey protein powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 14 tbsp melted butter (divided)
- 1/2 cup coffee (freshly brewed)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup extra BochaSweet
- 1/2 cup sugar free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle the bottom with the shredded coconut and the pecans.
- In a large bowl whisk together the almond flour, BochaSweet, cocoa powder, protein powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the eggs, 6 tbsp of the divided butter, freshly brewed coffee, and vanilla extract until well combined. Spread over the coconut and pecans.
- In a separate bowl beat the cream cheese with 8 tbsp melted butter until smooth. Beat in the extra BochaSweet. Combine into the cake mixture using a swirling motion.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Bake for about 45 minutes until cake is cooked through. Remove and let cool for 20 minutes. Sprinkle some BochaSweet and enjoy!