This keto and diabetic friendly dessert has ingredients like cacao butter, almonds, and egg yolks that work together for a decadent chocolate taste. When you've got a chocolate craving, it can be hard to find a brownie that doesn't contain a high amount of sugar, dairy, and processed flour. To solve this issue we went ahead and developed a recipe that contains plenty of nutrients from superfood ingredients - cacao and almonds - plus, sweetening with BochaSweet for your desired sweetness. Brownies are now nutritious and tasty at the same time!
This keto-friendly brownie recipe is quick and easy to make. A simple list of ingredients that you can readily find available in your nearest grocery store means this recipe will be convenient for you to prepare.
Keto "Bocha" Almond Brownies
Start to Finish:
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (1/4 cup mixed with cacao butter for melted chocolate)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup BochaSweet
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour + 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place 1/2 cup cocoa butter on a stove top or over a double boiler in a heat-proof bowl. Add in 1/4 cup cacao powder and mix together until it makes a chocolate syrup consistency. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the eggs, egg yolk, and BochaSweet for a few minutes or until light and fluffy. Turn on your mixer on a low setting. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Next, slowly add in the chocolate syrup mixture until completely mixed.
- Add in the cocoa powder, almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold in the chopped almonds. (Optional: you can add in your choice of nuts, chocolate chips, or whatever you desire). Blend on medium speed in your mixture until a creamy batter forms.
- Pour the batter using a rubber spatula into a greased 9x9 baking dish (layer with parchment paper if you prefer). Bake for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before cutting. You can place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes after brownies cool to make it easier to cut.