These mouth watering cacao power balls will leave you with a smile on your face that lasts an entire day! This recipe is enhanced with nutritious superfoods that make these a tasty treat or snack to have at any time.
There are a couple ingredients which are optional based on preference. Plus, substitutions can be made where noted within the recipe.
Makes 6-8 power balls
- 8 tbsp tiger nut flour
- 1/2 cup melted cacao butter + 1 tbsp MCT oil (can use coconut oil)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder or extract
- pinch of salt
- optional: 1 tsp colostrum
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (can substitute with other nuts or nut butter of your choice)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- optional: 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp collagen or gelatin
- 1 tbsp BochaSweet
- 10 small soft dates
- optional: 1 tsp baobab powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
In a saucepan melt 1/2 cup of cacao butter using a double boiler. Add in 1 tbsp of MCT oil and sweetener. Mix well.
Place 10 dates in a food processor. Blend until purée. Add the remaining ingredients into a food processor and blend for 30 seconds.
Set up two bowls, fill one with extra cacao powder for dusting and a separate with topping of choice (this recipe uses sesame seeds and cacao nibs). Roll bit size dough into a ball, dust with cacao and roll the toppings until a hard round structure forms.
Place in a dish lined with parchment paper to chill for 30 minutes.