This soup gets a boost in protein from our new grass fed Collagen Peptides and features a blend of coconut milk, kabocha squash, asian pear, and cucumber. Like other collagen soups, this recipe creates a soup rich in flavor that helps to support joint and gut health.
In addition, the sweetness from the Japanese kabocha squash tastes like candy and is packed with anti-inflammatory nutrients like Omega 3's and beta-carotene. This soup gets a kick from spices like cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and cloves which makes up the flavors of pumpkin pie.
Garnish with mint leaves, dried cranberries, and almond slivers for the perfect collagen kabocha pear soup.
Collagen Kabocha Pear Soup
Start to Finish: 30-60 minutes
- 2 cups steamed kabocha squash
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cucumber (diced)
- 1-2 scoops Collagen Peptides
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 Asian pear (sauteed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam 2 cups kabocha squash (30 minutes). Set aside.
- Start out by adding chopped Asian pear with 1 clove of garlic to a pot with added coconut oil and cook until soft on medium heat.
- Place steamed kabocha squash to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a high speed blender, add in all the ingredients and blend on high speed until smooth. If too thick, add more water as needed to desired liking.
- Transfer to a pot to cook on a low simmer for a hot soup or consume as is for a cold soup.
- Garnish with mint leaves, dried cranberries, and almond slivers if you prefer. Enjoy!