A spinoff of the common key lime pound cake is this gluten-free cake sweetened with BochaSweet! This healthier version is perfect for the keto diet and also diabetic-friendly. In this recipe you will be substituting grain-based flour with gluten-free substitutes such as almond flour and coconut flour.
Featuring pleasant tasting BochaSweet
, instead of a bitter tasting sweetener, this reduced calorie recipe is a guilt-free, good for you key lime pound cake!
Makes 8 servings
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup BochaSweet
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/8 cup key lime juice
- 1 tsp key lime zest
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a small loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat the butter and BochaSweet together until well combined. Add in the eggs until well combined, then add in half of the flour mixture. Whisk in the lime juice, lime zest, and almond milk. Finally, add in the remaining flour mixture.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until the top and edges are golden brown. Remove from the loaf pan and flip onto a wire rack to allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the BochaSweet and lime juice together until an icing consistency forms. Drizzle over the cake once it cools.