Are you craving a keto cannoli recipe that is made with a traditional Italian style? Then, this delicious and creamy keto cannoli recipe will surely satisfy your taste buds. This recipe is made with almond flour and sweetened using both our BochaSweet Brown and Powdered BochaSweet sugar replacement.
This isn’t your typical Italian cannoli recipe that is fried in vegetable oil, we’ve opted for a healthier solution by placing the cannolis in an air fryer. In addition, the chocolate chips are homemade and sweetened only using BochaSweet.
You can indulge in a healthier cannoli knowing that it is low carb with an authentic traditional taste you would enjoy at an Italian pastry shop. One of the special features of this recipe is the cannoli filling. The cream is made with a mixture of mascarpone which is traditional Italian cheese originating from the Lombardy region and pairs well with ricotta cheese, Powdered BochaSweet, cinnamon, and vanilla.
This keto cannoli recipe is surprisingly low in net carbs at just 1.8 grams per cannoli. These keto cannolis not only taste fantastic, but they also have a great nutritional profile. Don’t worry about the time it takes to make these cannolis, this recipe is definitely worth it. In less than two hours, you will have a delicious and creamy traditional Italian dessert that you can enjoy without any guilt.
How to Make Keto Cannoli
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Baking Time: 10 minutes
- Resting Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Servings: 12
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoon BochaSweet Brown
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon butter (cubed & divided)
- 2 large eggs beaten, divided
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Avocado oil spray (to prepare baking sheet)
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup Powdered BochaSweet
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (to taste)
- 1/4 cup BochaSweet chocolate chips
Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate baking bar (melted)
- 3 oz cacao butter
- 1/2 cup Powdered BochaSweet
- 1/8 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare sugar-free chocolate chips ahead of time: Using a double boiler on medium heat, melt unsweetened chocolate baking bar and cacao butter. Once melted, mix in Powdered BochaSweet, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. Transfer to chocolate chip molds. Store in fridge or freezer for 30 minutes or until they harden completely.
- Prepare cannoli shells: Using a sifter add almond flour, BochaSweet Brown, and cocoa. Add in salt to taste, 1 egg beaten, and 1/2 cup marsala wine. Form dough using hands. Using a silicone mat sprinkle extra almond flour and knead the dough for 10-15 minutes. Once the dough is firm, wrap it in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge for an hour. (If you prefer to skip this step, you can purchase cannoli shells.)
- Prepare cannoli filling: Mix in mascarpone, ricotta, Powdered BochaSweet, cinnamon, and vanilla. Using a hand mixer whip filling until a creamy texture, and sprinkle in some sugar-free chocolate chip towards the end.
- Remove cannoli dough from the fridge. Sprinkle extra almond flour on a silicone mat if needed. Roll out dough until 1/2″ thick. Using a 1 1/2″ round cutter, cut out as many rounds as possible. Transfer rounds to a baking sheet.
- Flatten each round until about 4-5″ in diameter. Roll dough around a cannoli mold. Prepare whisked egg and dip fingers in egg to secure the edges of the dough together. Repeat for the rest of the rounds.
- Prepare the air fryer baking sheet by spraying with avocado oil. Spray the outsides of the dough as well. Place in the air fryer at 400F for 6-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool completely before removing cannolis from the baking sheet. Once cooled, carefully remove the cannoli molds from the shells.
- Prepare a piping bag for the filling. Fill each side of the cannoli with the cream. Sprinkle some Powdered BochaSweet and sugar-free chocolate chips! Buon appetito!
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SERVING):
- Calories: 210
- Carbs: 10g
- Calcium: 80mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Total Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Potassium: 20mg
Keywords: how to make keto cannoli recipe