Keto Poppyseed Bread recipe & content provided by Tara Wright, Whole Body Living
This keto-friendly Poppyseed Bread Recipe tastes just like the real thing.
Poppyseed bread is one of my husband’s favorite spring treats and it’s a recipe that’s been on my list to “make keto” for quite awhile.
For this recipe, I started from scratch and tried a few new tricks I’ve learned to bake with coconut four. After many, many revisions (each delicious…but not perfect…) this version was the clear winner!
You’ll find this keto poppyseed bread recipe to have the perfect crumb!
Though, I’ll warn you.
Make substitutions at your own risk.
Try it if you must but if I were you. I’d just follow the recipe. Trust me.
Keto Poppyseed Bread
- 1 tablespoon acacia fiber powder
- 3.5 oz coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthin gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup BochaSweet
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 6 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a standard loaf pan by greasing it.
- In a small bowl, combine: 1 tablespoon acacia fiber, 3.5 oz coconut flour, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon xanthin gum, 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 cup BochaSweet, 1 tablespoon poppy seeds. Whisk together until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine: 6 tablespoon avocado oil, 3 eggs, 1/3 cup heavy cream, 3/4 cup water, 1 teaspoon butter flavor, 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon almond extract. Using a whisk or blender, stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Then, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Blend for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes. For mini-loaves, pour into four mini-loaf pans and bake at 325 for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 4-6 hours before removing from the pan.
Nutritional Information (Entire Recipe):
- Calories: 1710 calories
- Carbs: 66g
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 143g
- Saturated Fat: 46g
- Cholesterol: 599mg
- Sodium: 2202mg
- Potassium: 1062mg
- Fiber: 37g
- Sugar: 9g
- Vitamin A: 37.6%
- Calcium: 57.7%
- Iron: 35.2%
Notes: The nutrition facts listed above are for one entire recipe of this keto poppyseed bread. Divide it based on your desired serving size.