Recipe and content provided by Tara Wright, Whole Body Living
Cooking this keto eggnog will fill your kitchen with the scents of the season. The warm, comforting scents of nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and vanilla will spread throughout the house and bring hungry smiles to your kitchen.
While there are many variations of eggnog that use raw eggs, I wanted to stick to the safe side and cook the eggs. One benefit this brings is the eggs thicken up the eggnog beautifully.
Start to Finish: 15 minutes
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup BochaSweet
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and BochaSweet together until foamy. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine: 1 cup water & 1 cup heavy cream.
- Add: ½ tsp ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 whole cloves & ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Turn off heat and temper the cream mixture into the eggs.
- Add tempered egg mixture to the cream mixture.
- Cook on low heat for a few minutes–do NOT allow to boil. You want to bring the mixture up to 160 degrees.
- Remove from heat, strain into a container and allow to cool.
- After cooled add the following: 1 cup heavy cream, 1 cup water or light rum & 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Chill for 24 hours prior to serving.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SERVING):
- Calories: 252
- Carbs: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 228mg
- Sodium: 30mg
- Potassium: 59mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Vitamin A: 1069IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- Iron: 1mg