Easy Low Carb Pizza Sauce recipe and content provided by Tara Wright, Whole Body Living
I’ve developed a few low carb pizza recipes throughout the years, but I hadn’t yet created an easy and delicious tomato based low carb pizza sauce to go along with it.
For my birthday, I got an Aerogarden…and I’ve been growing a few different types of fresh basil. This low carb recipe was inspired because I was looking for a way to use up the fresh basil I had just harvested.
When on a ketogenic diet and keeping carbohydrates low, remember that tomatoes are inherently high in natural sugars. So, any tomato based pizza sauce should be used in moderation. You may want to consider a creamy alfredo sauce instead if you’re keeping total carbohydrates very low.
This keto friendly pizza sauce freezes up nicely. You may want to double the batch, and then freeze in small containers for use later on!
Easy Low Carb Pizza Sauce
Start to Finish: 20 minutes
- 1 (15oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon BochaSweet
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil or avocado oil or olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to burn the tomatoes.
- Cool the sauce and use on keto pizza as desired.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Serves: 8 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 23
- Carbs: 5g
- Protein: 0g
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 2329mg
- Potassium: 36mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 0g
- Iron: 1.1%